The kitchen is perhaps the most important room in the house. It can have a major impact on the value of your real estate property. In a practical point of view, the kitchen should be the cleanest part of the house because this is where you prepare your food. That is why it is only fitting that you should always maintain this part of the house. If your kitchen needs some real help, you may want to make extensive improvements. The following is a list of ideas to increase the appeal of your kitchen without spending a great deal of money.
- Make sure the room is virtually spotless and smells fresh. Try putting a quarter section of a lemon in the disposal and grinding it up.
- Consider replacing outdated light fixtures with new track lighting.
- If your appliances are dated by colors like harvest gold or avocado, consider having them professionally refinished in a new color like almond or plain white.
- This will make appliances look new at a fraction of the cost of actually replacing them.
- Spruce up kitchen cabinets by installing new knobs or hardware.
- If your cabinets look especially old, you can have professionals replace the doors or door fronts.
The kitchen is the most important room
- Organize your kitchen cabinets to demonstrate how much room you have. Cabinet organizers are a good investment for this.
- Remove small kitchen appliances and gadgets from countertops to create an uncluttered look.
- Repair or replace chipped or damaged countertops.
- Replace badly worn out linoleum floor with neutral no-wax flooring or tile.
- A freshly painted kitchen may be well worth the investment.
Through the buyer’s eyes:
- Are your appliances clean and in good working order?
- Is your tile floor clean?
- Are your cabinets in good condition?
- Are your countertops in good condition?
- Is your sink stained, chipped or in need of replacing?
Check out other posts for more real estate tips.