Packaging plays a major part in the marketing of most products. That is why companies spend a lot of money in making their products look good and appealing. The same principle applies to real estate. The more attractive your house is, the faster it will sell. The first part of the house that your buyers will look at is the exterior. Hence, you should make sure that the exterior of your house will give a lasting impression to your customers. It is also the part of the house that will always be seen by most people, so it should always look good. Here are some of the areas that you have to give attention to so that your potential buyers will instantly impress by your house.
If you have vinyl or aluminum siding, have a cleaning service wash or repaint it using a product designed for these materials.
Attractive windows can help increase the appeal of your property.
- Replace any cracked or broken glass
- Make sure the windows are sparkling clean
- Add shutters to the front of your house.
- Install window boxes with bright flowers
- Apply touch-up paint where needed.
The roof may be the single most important aspect of your home front.
A well-maintained roof will say a lot about the overall condition of the property.
- Replace any broken or missing shingles or tiles.
- Repair flashing where needed.
- Paint eaves and fascia boards.
- If the roof is old and needs to be replaced, consider having the work done before showing the property.
The doorway is the focal point of your house.
- Repaint the door.
- Apply new door hardware.
- Install a brass kick plate.
- Replace house numbers.
- Put a flower box or planter alongside the door
- Install a new front light fixture.
Through the real estate Buyer’s Eyes…
- Are there any exterior holes or cracks?
- Are your walks and porches clean and in good repair?
- Does your roof leak or sag?
- Are any shingles or tiles missing?
- Is your chimney in good shape?